Monday, January 31, 2011

Preparing for the Storm

Here is the Metro-St. Louis Area, we are expecting a severe winter storm in the next few days. I can already here the wind swirling outside my window.

An inch of ice, 3 to 5 inches of sleet, then 4 to 7 inches of snow on top of that...all between noon today and Wednesday. I'm ready for this winter stuff to be over with.

Just yesterday I finished clearing the last of the snow off the sidewalks and deck. Now they're saying we may have power outages, similar to a few winters ago. Looks like I've gotta carry in some firewood.

It would be nice if Nick were home, they already have an inch of ice in Omaha. This storm is really going to make it hard to drive the 6 hours home. I hope that he and everyone else on the road drive safely and with caution.

I'm now going into survival mode. I just finished Hoda Kotb's book and it if marvelous. I've got to return it to the library and pick up some new reads...just in case I'm stranded here for the next few days. 



I picked up the essentials in the past few days.
1. Milk
2. Bread
3. Orange Juice
4. Wine
5. Yogurt
6. Lettuce
7. Cereal

And dog food for the pups.

Now to get busy before the storm really rolls in. Stay warm everyone and happy crafting to all of you who are homebound for the next few days.I know that's what I'm going to be doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment