Sunday, April 17, 2011

Scrap Swap


 A few weeks ago I participated in a Scrap Swap at Sew Tara. I received a package with some awesome loot from my swap partner Barb from Connecticut.

  She is a former Mid-Westerner, like myself and a quilter. The swaps she sent are much different than any fabric that I have in my stash. I loved that she pinned little notes on each stack of fabric telling me about each of them. 

 Barb also included some quilted cards and  African beads...the little carved elephants are going to make some fun summer earrings.

Top: All the fabric stacks. Bottom: African and other foreign fabric    
Top: Batik Fabrics. Bottom: Hand Dyed Fabrics
Close-ups of the beautiful quilted greeting cards...these are so precious

1 comment:

  1. Wow, love all the colours.
    It's so gret to do this and get things unlike anything in your own stash.
    A patchwork purse is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete